LIFTING EQUIPMENT INSPECTION
WE VERIFY THE SAFETY OF ALL YOUR LIFTING EQUIPMENT
Due to their diverse uses, lifting solutions are considered one of the most critical forms of equipment globally. Generally, lifting operations in construction and in the oil and gas industry occur during the transportation of material from one location to another, and during the installation and dissembling process. To ensure your site is protected from accidents caused by lifting operations, we help you provide needed health and safety standards, and protect against property and environmental damage.
We provide inspection services for
We ensure safety, security and sustainability in the three areas of life on the road, at work and at home
To verify that lifting equipment and accessories remain safe ICI use thorough examinations and inspections throughout the lifetime of Lifting Equipment and Lifting Accessories for an organisatio.
- Before first time use – If a piece of equipment has been assembled on site it must be examined and inspected by a competent person to ensure that the assembly of the lifting equipment has been done correctly. If lifting equipment has an EC declaration of conformity, less than a year old and wasn’t assembled on site this is not applicable.
- After Assembly and Before use – For lifting equipment that required assembly of installation before use.
- Regularly whilst in use – If the lifting equipment is exposed to conditions where deterioration is expected. The majority of lifting equipment is subject to “wear and tear” so will need to receive a regular in service inspection. The two choices you have are ; Arrange for a thorough examination of the lifting equipment to be carried out at the specific intervals state in LOLER or conduct inspections in accordance with an examination scheme for the specific lifting equipment drawn up by a competent person.
- Following Exceptional Circumstances – Such things that are likely to impact the safety of the Lifting Equipment ; Damage, Out of use for long periods, modifications, replacements.
The scope of what is covered in the thorough examination and inspection of the lifting equipment depends on the judgement of the competent person undertaking it. However ICI endeavour to meet all needs to include all matters which will affect the safety of the lifting equipment for the customer.
For the common lifting equipment and accessories there are set industry procedures and criteria which a competent person would follow when undertaking the inspection. The standard methods of a thorough examination are as follows;
- Visual Inspection and Functional checks
- Measurements of wear
- In some case NDT ( non-destructive testing) and load testing may be required
- Sometimes disassembly or internal inspections may be applicable
In the case where there is not a examination scheme specifying other internals, thorough examination and inspection of lifting equipment according to LOLER 1998 should be carried out ;
- 6 months, for lifting equipment and associated accessories used to lift people
- 6 months, for lifting accessories (ie. Chain Slings, Webbing Slings, shackles, eyebolts)
- 12 months, for all other lifting equipment (ie. Cranes and forklift trucks)
It is essential these time periods are followed to ensure lifting equipment is compliant with Lifting Operations and Lifting equipment regulations .We here at ICI are here to manage you’re compliance to ensure your workforce and organisation remain compliant and safe.
Safety is a core need for everyone. Injuries and preventable deaths can happen on the road, at work or at home. We know that many accidents can be avoided. That is why we want to help reduce their number:
- by supporting the development, specification, use and maintenance of technical devices and equipment used either on the road, at work or at home.
- by developing and improving standards and guidelines that ensure optimal safety performance.
- by promoting safety awareness, safety knowledge and safety-oriented behavior.